This months update contains some new things, but not it is not as big as last months update which contained Neokyo. The new home screen was not added in this update, and this will be rolled out gradually, and details on how you get access to the new homescreen should be released soon. With this update, Zwift also made some changes to their device support, for more on that, head over to this article: https://zracecentral.com/2021/12/01/zwift-announces-numerous-game-changes/. For an article about the new home screen, head over to this article(coming shortly). The update also included a few new frames and wheels, Zwift Insider should have speed tests up shortly. Zwift also added a new run training plan, scroll down for images. Zwift should be adding the holiday kit shortly, for instructions on how to get it when it is available, head over to this article: https://zracecentral.com/2021/12/07/how-to-get-the-christmas-kit-on-zwift/. Here are the bug fixes and minor improvements included in this update(directly from the forums). Zwift added a few new routes, climbers gambit and legends and lava. Route details are below. The new routes are currently available for meetups.
- A number of Neokyo visuals have been fixed or improved.
- The minimap for Neokyo now makes it clear which roads are available for Zwifters to ride or run.
- When nearing the end of a Meetup, the distance remaining value will transition to meters/feet to make it more clear exactly when the meetup ends.
- Removed the ability to bring up the pairing screen by clicking or tapping on the power, heart rate and cadence display box. (This causes your avatar to stop, which in most cases, isn’t ideal).
- Added more spawn points in Neokyo routes so Zwifters are less likely to spawn on top of other Zwifters.
- Added the ability for KICKR bike riders to disable steering.
- Updated text in the Back to Basics – To the Max workout.
- Updated the automatic screenshot system to be more likely to grab a screenshot for shorter activities.
- Fixed an issue causing some route lead-in and total distance information to be inaccurate for Neokyo routes.
- Fixed an issue which could cause Japanese text in the garage to appear incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue causing the total distance of a lap to be incorrect in the route selection screen.
- Fixed an issue with some Gravel Grinder Training Plan workouts which had incorrect cadence targets.
- Fixed an issue causing the workout completed date to appear as a long string of numbers on some devices.
- Fixed an issue that would cause riders to abruptly swerve on some Neokyo routes.
- Fixed an issue which would cause KICKR Bike riders to get pushed aside when riding in a pack.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent Zwifters from using both sides of a two lane road when transitioning from a road surface to dirt.
- Fixed an issue which would cause some audio to cut out in certain situations in large events and podcast rides.
- Fixed an issue with the Makuri Island minimap which did not properly show the tunnel between Yumezi and Neokyo.
- Fixed an issue with the Return to Original World dialog box when finishing a Group Workout.
- Fixed an issue where the Menu button and Return to Me button would overlap when Fan Viewing.
- Fixed an issue on Apple TV which would cause the button focus highlight to be visible in the profile settings screen when it shouldn’t be.
- Devices running MacOS versions prior to version 10.12 are no longer supported.
- Devices running iOS versions prior to iOS 12 are no longer supported.
New Fondo Routes
These were existing routes that were updated for the upcoming Zwift Fondo Series 2022. These routes do not give route badges, they are regular event only routes.
- Bambino Fondo Route: Similar to previous Bambino Fondo route but some roads changed to new strips of road added last December Update. Distance ~ 52km
- Medio Fondo Route: Similar to previous Medio fondo route but some roads slightly tweaked. Distance ~77km
- Gran Fondo Route: Includes most roads in Watopia while avoiding the Alpe. Distance ~ 94km
Here are some images of the content added in this update. Homescreen was not released in this update, but should be coming soon.
Here is a frequently updated list of bugs/issues that were released in the Zwift update 1.20. Last updated 12/15.
- Stages bike unable to connect controllable, still able to pair as power source and cadence. Here is a link to the forums thread: https://forums.zwift.com/t/stages-sb20-not-controllable/566901. If you scroll down the thread slightly, Shane Miller provided a possible solution.
I think that this is a great update, and most Zwifters are pretty satified already from the Neokyo update. As long as there are no major bugs, I think that this is a very solid update, but Zwifters will likely be very frustrated if they find out they can’t log on, or something like that. The new home screen not being released in this update is a slight disappointment, but it should be coming in the next few weeks. Stay tuned for more details!
Gplama(Shane Miller) just dropped his video about the update, here is a link to the video.
Notice any bugs/issues? Leave a comment below and I will look into the issue! Thanks for reading and happy holidays!