What was included
Zwift has just dropped their monthly update that usually comes mid to the end of the month. The update is currently out on all plaforms! This update contains a new frame and new wheels that will be used for a new event called the Specialized Roval Climbing Challenge. Update: Zwift just released a bug patch for the bugs that were released in this update. For more on that, head over here: https://zracecentral.com/2021/07/27/zwift-bug-patch-released-late-july-2021/.
The new bike is the Specialized Aethos and the new wheels are the Roval Alpenist wheels. For images of the new content, scroll down. The new Pinarello Dogma F has also been added to the game. The Pinarello Dogma F is locked to level 32, which is not too high for a bike that has the potential to be the fastest, that is just one level lower than the Venge S-works. The Pinarello Dogma F is also 3 stars aero, and 4 stars for weight. Keep your eye out for Zwift Insider’s speed tests that are normally released shortly after the update. Both bikes are very expensive, The Aethos costing almost 1 million drops, the Pinarello F just over 1 million drops. The Roval’s that were added cost just over 100k. The S-Works Aethos is rated 2 stars aero, and 3 stars weight. It is locked until level 32. The Roval Alpenist are 3 stars aero, 4 stars weight and are locked until level 32. 2 New routes were also added, Suki’s playground and Kappa Quest reverse. Suki’s playground is around 11 miles long, while Kappa Quest reverse is around 8 miles. Sukis playground is a great route, and I really enjoyed it. It is likely one of my favorite routes in Makuri Islands. Zwift has also added the fun is fast workouts and the athlete inspired workouts to the workouts section.
Zwift has also stated that they tweaked the draft slightly so we will see if there are any noticeable changes. These new changes are supposedly supposed to help drafting in Zwift, these changes make sure your avatar doesn’t swerve like crazy which will ensure that your avatar stays in the draft, here is a forum thread that has information about the Pack Dynamics update(draft): https://forums.zwift.com/t/pack-dynamics-update-july-2021-1-15-0/552828. The updated pack dynamics should reduce “sticky draft” but it will not completely remove it. The list of the bug fixes and improvements that were included are pasted below, this is directly from the Forums post. Here are some images of the new bikes and wheels. Here is a link to the Forums thread: https://forums.zwift.com/t/game-update-july-19th-2021/552961. For more information about the new routes and thir backstory click here: https://forums.zwift.com/t/announcing-two-new-routes-and-the-yumezi-badge-hunt-july-2021-1-15-0/552763. Zwift has reverted back to pack dynamics 2.0, so these pack dynamics are not in use.
- Fixed an issue during a workout where multiple watts values were displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Meet Up event box to appear smaller than it should.
- Fixed an issue in the activity discard UI where button text would be missing in certain languages.
- Fixed an issue that would cause riders to ride off course during a group ride on the Sprit Forest route.
- Fixed an issue that would cause an activity map to show an incorrect path (very long line) when Zwifters moved between events, meetups and free rides in the same game session.
- Fixed an issue that would cause audio from a previous event to continue to play (mainly impacts Podcast rides).
- Fixed an issue that would cause the leaderboard for the Makuri Islands Flatland Loop to behave badly.
- Fixed an issue with the Makuri Islands Country Sprint where riders would be incorrectly flagged as flyers.
- Fixed an issue that would cause bike shadows to bend space and time, tearing a rift across multiple dimensions. The good news is, no events in the past were altered in such a way which would impact Marty’s ability to exist in the future.
- Fixed an issue which would cause automatic screenshots to fail if taken in a meetup, event or workout.
Overall I think that this was a great update, who doesn’t love new bike days? Especially when it is a new Pinarello that costs $14,500 to buy the real life version. We will have to wait and see whether we will have a new fastest bike in Zwift! I expect the Aethos to be the fastest climbing bike as it is the fastest in real life compared to the other frames with disc brakes. I will definitely be picking up both of these frames to add to my collection of bikes. It is great to see that Zwift is also adding new routes to the Makuri Islands to keep Zwifters excited and interested. Subscribe to email notifications to be notified immediately when a new post is released! If you have any questions or comments, leave a comment below 👇.
[…] Zwift introduced two new routes in Makuri Islands, Suki’s Playground, and Kappa Quest Reverse. Zwift also introduced numerous new frames and wheelsets to the game. These new equipment include, the Pinarello Dogma F, Specialized Aethos, and the Roval Alpenist CLX. Zwift also added a few new workouts to the workout folders. For more information on the update, head over to this article: https://pursuitcyclingforkids.com/2021/07/19/zwift-july-2021-update-released/ […]