Zwift just dropped a new update containing many things like a new gravel bike, workout of the week, redesigned Zipp wheels, and more! Here are the release notes/bug fixes from Zwift Forums. Zwiftinsider is probably testing the bike now and there will likely be information on that in the coming days. To me one of the most exciting things from this update is the redesigned Zipp wheels. These wheels now look like the modern day Zipp wheels rather than the older ones from around 2015 when Zwift was first released. Here are some pictures! The new frame is priced at 297,500 drops and is unlocked at a lower level. The Pack Dynamics that were being tested starting a few months ago have now been released for your daily rides! It is great to see Zwift move along so fast with the Pack Dynamics! A new running workout from the Running Channel has been added to the workouts and a ton more bug fixes! These are Zwift\’s release notes for the bug fixes and improvements and some pictures of the new content! This is the link to the forums thread https://forums.zwift.com/t/game-update-march-16th-2021/542703/16. There was also an April fools day rumour… More about that in this post Click here. The exclusive Zipp High Speed challenge kit was also updated. There was not much change but it still changed!
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Numerous cycling and running assets (kits, shirts, etc.) have been added or updated.
- Updated the game client to include all of the country flags currently available in Zwift Companion. Additional flags will be available in the future.
- Memory optimizations for both race results views and workout loading.
- Fixed a bug in group workouts where riders would surge forward erratically.
- Fixed a bug that would cause a user to miss their event or meetup if they signed up for the event then started their ride quickly after.
- Fixed a bug where screenshots taken with the F10 key would not get uploaded to the activity feed or connected 3rd party services.
- Fixed a bug where running shoe color changes are not being saved when exiting the app.
- Fixed a bug where the name shown in the leaderboard UI does not match the actual user who is at the top of the leaderboard for the segment being completed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Quit Meetup button to appear when it should not.
- Fixed a bug where the game and Wattbike devices were not in sync when paired over Bluetooth.
- Fixed a bug that caused the cadence target for a workout to appear incorrectly in Zwift Companion.
- Fixed a bug that caused special characters used in chat to not appear correctly in Zwift Companion.
- Fixed a bug where awarded badges were not being properly saved to the Zwifter’s profile.
- Fixed a bug that would cause chat from leaders and sweepers to not appear for some users.