The update was a pretty minor update, including a few new things. Zwift is continuing the rollout of the new home screen and should be available to all users around the spring of 2022. The rollout seems to be starting with the newer accounts(accounts created in the past month or so). Included in the game release are two new routes, Electric Loop and Chasing the Sun. For more details on the routes scroll down. The update also came with some new gravel wheels, the Roval Terra CLX. It costs 17,800 drops, one of the cheapest items in the drop shop! It is rated 3 stars aero and 1 star for weight, so I wouldn’t expect it to be a top performer. There were several frames added, the Specialized Crux and Trek Speed Concept. Zwift also added the Enve gravel wheels. It seems that the Dura-Ace bug might have been fixed! Zwift Insider is currently running tests on the new frames to confirm this! Here are the release notes from the forums:
- Increased the Workout FTP Bias range from +/- 10% to +/- 25%.
- Individual workouts in Zwift’s most popular cycling training plans (Build Me Up, Pebble Pounder, and Gran Fondo) are now available on-demand.
- Flexible Training Plan Workouts now unlock at 12:01am on Monday.
- Connectivity alerts will immediately disappear when the issue is resolved and will only remain on screen for 60 seconds if the issue remains unresolved.
- Added a label above the Challenges UI in the pause menu to help Zwifters find their Challenges.
- Fixed an issue where an invalid day would be selected in the date of birth UI in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue where the date of birth change would not be saved if unit of measure is changed before saving.
- Fixed an issue where the save button would not work when updating run paces in the Zwifter profile.
- Fixed an issue where suggested run paces would be saved even if the Zwifter cancels the change.
- Fixed an issue causing XP to be awarded for certain skipped workout blocks.
- Fixed an issue causing certain workout blocks to appear invisible in the Workout Editor.
- Fixed an issue with the gradient display in London when riding in the countryside.
- Fixed an issue causing activity title changes to not properly sync with 3rd party partner sites.
- Fixed an issue with some segment times not being displayed correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Pace Partner pace would be truncated.
- Fixed an issue causing all running Pace Partners to show Category A.
- Fixed an issue causing bikes to spawn at a strange angle. All bikes will now spawn parallel to the road.
- Fixed an issue causing riders to swerve in some situations on the Railways and Rooftops and Sprinters Playground routes in Neokyo.
- Fixed an issue that allowed some runners to make a U-turn in an event.
- Fixed an issue where some Zwifters would be stuck at “Finding Riders” when late joining an event.
- Fixed an issue causing a dead end to appear in the Neokyo mini-map.
- Fixed an issue causing flickering in certain parts of the Rooftop Rendezvous route.
- Fixed an issue where the whale in Watopia was flickering between timelines. We’ve ensured they will now remain in the best timeline.
- Fixed an issue with the SRAM RED 2021 rear derailleur being slightly underpriced, and a tad bit too light.
- Updated the name of our famous pizza socks to actually be called Pizza Socks in the garage.
Latest game version
The latest game version is 1.22 for iOS, Android, and Apple TV. For the very long game version on computers, head over to this link: https://forums.zwift.com/t/what-are-the-latest-zwift-game-and-zwift-companion-app-version-numbers/486839.
Not much to take images of, but here is what I have. More images will be added in the coming hours, including a video recording of the Electric Loop route.
New Route Details
This game release included two new routes in Neokyo, Electric Loop and Chasing the Sun. These routes should be available for event organisers, clubs, and meetups. Zwift has also added some new routes in Watopia for the upcoming TOW, which signup will be opening on the 22nd. These routes are all routes that orginated as Rebel Routes, routes created by the community that have been added to Zwift Insider. More details to the routes will be added in the coming few hours. Stay tuned!
Electric Loop – 5.3 miles/8.5 kilometers // 256 ft/78m
Chasing the sun – 21.5 miles/34.5 kilometers // 2290 ft/698m
Here is a list of the bugs in the Zwift February 2022 Game Release.
- Zwift MacOS unable to download: https://forums.zwift.com/t/zwift-wont-install-on-macos-monterey-beta-v12-3-february-2022/576511 – FIXED with update 1.22.3
- Enve logo missing: https://forums.zwift.com/t/logo-missing-for-enve-wheel-in-drop-shop-february-2022/576700
Overall I think that this was a pretty good update. It is a bit disappointing that we will have to wait a few more months for the new home screen to be fully released, but at least things are happening. I would expect the next expansion to the Makuri Islands to be released in the next few months(maybe around May-ish). It is also great to see some more new routes in Neokyo, it is always great to keep me coming back to Neokyo! TOW is also starting soon, so be on the lookout for complete details being released soon. For some more information about TOW, head over to this article: https://zracecentral.com/2021/12/22/tour-of-watopia-2022/.
To discuss the update and post any questions or comments you have about the update, head over to this link: forums.zwift.com.