Today is game release day! The latest game release is now available on Mac, PC, Android and iOS.
This was rumored to be a larger release last month, so here we have it! The January 2023 Zwift game release was highly anticipated, and came quite a bit later than most would have expected. Included in this update were a number of new things, including Zwift’s new Scotland world(more details below).
Easily the highlight of this game release, Scotland will be used for the UCI E-Sport World Championships on Zwift. The world was announced a few months back, but the full details were not available until today. Beginning in February, this world will be available in February as an event-only world.
The release of Scotland includes five event-only route badges. However, the only badge that can be obtained with the Tour De Zwift is “Rolling Highlands”.
- Rolling Highlands
- City and the Sgurr
- Glasgow Crit Circuit
- Loch Loop
- The Muckle Yin
Full details of this new world will be available in the coming few hours with a new article just for the Scotland world.
New Levels for Runners
New levels have been added for runners on Zwift. The levels now go up to level 30, much higher than the previous 21. With this are new unlocks for runners! Like the cycling level increase, runners will have accelerated XP until they hit the level that they would be at.
Zwift also updated the HoloReplay feature to add some more functionality. The HoloReplays now do the following in addition to the existing features released upon announcement:
- HoloReplays are now available on all routes
- The HoloReplays will now wait at the start of a segment
- Lots of indication added to the HUD to show various things(start/end of segment, etc)
Forums release notes
Here are the release notes from the forums: https://forums.zwift.com/t/game-update-1-33-january-2023/600028
- The 2021 Zwift Academy Tri TT helmet should now appear correctly for Zwifters on PC and Android
- Fixed some bugs caused by late joining events.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused Trainer Difficulty to revert to the max setting
- Fixed an issue that would cause HoloReplays to keep waiting for the Zwifter at the start of a segment when the option to turn them off was selected. They’ve learned manners now and will kindly leave when asked.
- Fixed a bug where Build Me Up Lite workout information wasn’t displaying in the Workout Details screen
- Minor audio fix to the RideOn to only play one sound
- Minor audio fix for removing the ‘Close the Gap’ notification sound
Latest game version
The latest game version is 1.33 for iOS, Android, and Apple TV. For the very long game version on computers, head over to this link: https://forums.zwift.com/t/what-are-the-latest-zwift-game-and-zwift-companion-app-version-numbers/486839.
- Drops accumulation acting funky: https://forums.zwift.com/t/drops-counter-stalling-and-frozen-pedestrians-jan-2023-1-33/600162
- Resistance not working: https://forums.zwift.com/t/trainer-resistance-trainer-difficulty-too-low-simulation-and-erg-mode-do-not-work-january-2023/600172
Overall, Zwift added some great content in this game release and delivered the promised features. I am really excited to start riding on the new Scotland course. The innovations with the HoloReplay features are great to see and make me want to use them more often. It seems that we have stopped seeing new frames and wheels over the past few updates, which is slighting disappointing. However, it is great that Zwift is prioritizing the more important features.
Game Release Not Downloading?
If the game release is taking more than a few minutes to download, it likely means that your device is not ideal for Zwift. There could also be other applications getting in the way of the download. Be sure that you have a solid WiFi connection when downloading the game releases.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave a comment below and I will be sure to reply.