Today is game release day! The latest game release is now available on Mac, PC, Android and iOS.
The 1.27 game release contained a few new things. The main thing being some new frames in the drop shop, and a few bug fixes. Zwift has noted that they have been working hard on some big new features and behind the scenes technical improvements that will be coming soon.
Prefer to Watch?
- Chapter 2 KoKo // 639,000 Drops – The Chapter 2 KOKO has a very nice paint job, and if this does end up having a decent speed, I think many will look to buy this frame.
- 3 stars weight, 2 stars aero, level 11 locked
- Scott Foil 2023 // 816,500 Drops – The new Scott Foil, like the IRL version, looks VERY fast. I think this frame could very well be one of the top performers.
- 3 stars weight, 3 stars aero, level 22 locked
I would not recommend purchasing either of these frames just yet, waiting until the Zwift Insider results are released is likely the best idea, unless you really don’t care about the frames speeds. I did notice that there were some new paint jobs for the Scott frames added in this release. See images below:
Forums release notes
Here are the release notes from the forums: https://forums.zwift.com/t/game-update-1-27-july-2022/586602
- Fixed Alpe du Zwift segment timing.
- Fixed issue where fit files could become corrupted.
- Chapter2 KOKO and 2023 Scott Foil bikes added to drop shop.
- Fixed several locations where road surfaces weren’t joined up nicely
- Some Zwifters may notice the game run in greyscale color mode with an on screen warning about their device soon being deprecated (for example, 2013 iPad Air). See this thread for details.
- Various fixes/improvements.
Latest game version
The latest game version is 1.27 for iOS, Android, and Apple TV. For the very long game version on computers, head over to this link: https://forums.zwift.com/t/what-are-the-latest-zwift-game-and-zwift-companion-app-version-numbers/486839.
- Nothing so far.
Over the past few releases, Zwift has been getting better and better at making sure the game releases are bug free. They still contain some bugs, but most are not as major as some of the bugs that we used to see in game releases. Zwift still hasn’t added the “ride with” feature back, and I know that tons of riders want Zwift to add it back, so it is a bit disappointing that it is taking Zwift this long to implement. The “Late join” feature still does not work, which is a bug that drives me away from group rides. I hope that PR bots will be coming in the near future, along with new levels. I think that is was a bit disappointing that we did not get too much new content, nothing really notable feature wise, but I hope there is some new stuff coming soon. I was also hoping that some of the new bikes that were released during the tour would be added in-game, we did get 2 new frames, but they not the most notable of the frames released during the tour.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave a comment below and I will be sure to reply.