It’s game release time! This game release just went live a bit ago, it is out on PC and Mac, iOS and Android has just been released.
The update was a pretty minor update, including a few new things. Mostly changes around training plan flexibility and some home screen updates. The update also includes some sweet new frames!
New Home Screen video
New frames and wheelsets
There were some new frames added in this update, the BMC TeamMachine, Specialized Diverge, and the Mosaic RT-1d. Zwift also added two new gravel wheelsets, the Cadex AR 35 and the Reserve 25 GR. Zwift Insider is currently running speed tests on these, so watch for a post on their website.
BMC TeamMachine – Level 26 + 832,900 drops
Specialized Diverge – Level 12 + 532,500 drops
Mosaic RT-1d – Level 15 + 852,000 drops
Reserve 25 GR – Level 1 + 11,400 drops
CADEX AR 25 – Level 1 +21,300 drops
As usual, Zwift has added some new workouts of the weeks. Zwift has also added a new training plan called Garmin Gravel Unbound. A training plan targeted towards gravel riders. This training series will start on the 11th of April, so it is currently not in game yet.
Zwift also added some more training plan flexibility. Training plans that are flexible will allow users 2 weeks after the training plan starts to complete the plan, and worlouts will remain unlocked for the duration of the training plan. You will no longer be required to rest for 8 hours before completing another workout in the training plan, so you can now do double workout days! The training plan flexbility is also now based off of how long the training plan is, so the times will vary. The last change is that the UI is now more intuitive when registering for a training plan.
Upcoming workout changes: Zwift will be working to make it so that you can adjust the amount of time you warm up and cool down for, along with allowing users to extend training plans.
New home screen
Zwift is continuing the rollout of the new home screen and should be available to all users around the spring of 2022. The rollout seems to be starting with the newer accounts(accounts created in the past month or so).
Zwift also provided an update on the new home screen. Starting this week there will be a slow roll out on Mac devices, note that some Windows users do not yet have the new home screen, so it will be awhile until it is fully rolled out.
Here are the release notes from the forums:
- Added an event filter for Tour of Watopia 2022 events on the new Home Screen.
- Made improvements to the prioritization of sounds based on proximity of the Zwifter.
- Recovery blocks in workouts will receive a full star regardless of power output being too high or too low.
- Improvements to workout arch positioning when the arch is near an intersection.
- Made improvements in the pedal assist Zwifters receive when joining other Zwifters, events in progress, or a Pace Partner.
- Time based events leaderboards and on-road positioning is now calculated from the starting line for all participants (regardless of when they cross the starting line.)
- Fixed an issue causing some event filters to appear incorrectly in the new Home Screen.
- Fixed an issue where XP would be awarded when a workout block was completed outside of the target power.
- Fixed an issue with the Gravel Grinder workout where cadence suggestions did not appear in the warm-up.
- Fixed an issue causing the critical power curve graph to ignore some data from subsequent rides within the same session.
- Fixed an issue where lap progress would show an extra lap after finishing an event.
- Fixed an issue where Challenges text did not display when the German language was selected.
- Fixed an issue causing login text to be difficult to read on iOS when using dark mode.
- Fixed an issue where users who answered onboarding questions on the web would be asked those same questions again in-game.
- Fixed an issue causing black boxes to appear in Innsbruck on MacOS.
- Fixed an issue causing some rocks on the Mega Pretzel route to be lighter than air.
- Support for Intel HD Graphics 3000/2000 has been discontinued.
- Minimum MacOS requirement is 10.12 Sierra or later.
Latest game version
The latest game version is 1.23 for iOS, Android, and Apple TV. For the very long game version on computers, head over to this link: https://forums.zwift.com/t/what-are-the-latest-zwift-game-and-zwift-companion-app-version-numbers/486839.
Some images of the cool new frames and wheelsets!
Here is a list of the bugs in the Zwift March 2022 Game Release.
- Note that there are separate bugs going on with Tour of Watopia that are not related to this game release.
- Progress on training plan bug(release on Tuesday with patch): https://forums.zwift.com/t/progress-bug-in-training-plan-march-2022-v-1-23-0/580525/2
- Training peaks custom workouts not uploading to Zwift: https://forums.zwift.com/t/training-peaks-custom-workouts-not-syncing-march-2022/580858
Overall I think that this was a pretty good update. It is a bit disappointing that we will have to wait a few more months for the new home screen to be fully released, but at least things are happening. I would expect the next expansion to the Makuri Islands to be released in the next few months(maybe around May-ish). TOW is also starting soon, so be on the lookout for complete details being released soon. For some more information about TOW, head over to this article: https://zracecentral.com/2021/12/22/tour-of-watopia-2022/. The new bikes look pretty cool too, I almost bought the BMC TeamMachine even though speed tests aren’t out yet(Actually, I might go buy it right now… be right back!)
To discuss the update and post any questions or comments you have about the update, head over to this link: https://forums.zwift.com/t/game-update-1-23-march-9th-2022/579746