Today is game release day! The latest game release is now available on Mac, PC, with Android and iOS coming in the next few hours.
The 1.25 game release contained a few new things. One change that Zwift made was increasing the pedal assist time when joining a pace partner. This allows riders to have more time to ramp up their power to stay with the pace partners. There was not much added, but a few new things were announced. Zwift will be adding three new pace partners, one at 1.8wpk, 1.15 wpk, and 2.15 wpk. The goal of adding these pace partners was to fill the gaps between the current pace partners. The Neokyo pace partners will also be removed due to lack of popularity. Zwift added two new frames, the Scott Plasma RC and the Felt IA 2.0. Riders can also now start training plans on any day of the week. The new pace partners will be added on May 15th. Zwifters have also noted that there are some new pens at the top of Ven-Top, Alpe Du Zwift, and more. Could Zwift be adding downhill races? Zwift also added the Pride life guard tower permanently, more details can be found here: https://forums.zwift.com/t/pride-lifeguard-tower-is-permanent-may-2022-1-25/584108.
Prefer to Watch?
Forums release notes
Here are the release notes from the forums: https://forums.zwift.com/t/game-update-1-25-may-12-2022/584135/54.
- Watopia’s own KQOM radio station is hosting a familiar voice for your listening pleasure.
- Fixed an issue impacting PowerUp probability for events with custom PowerUp settings.
- Fixed an issue causing workout blocks to be missing if a workout is started without a power source paired.
- Fixed an issue that would cause some running workouts not to unlock on the correct day in a training plan.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the ride report to appear when the Zwifter starts a workout.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent a Zwifter from advancing from the pairing screen after devices have been paired.
- Fixed an issue causing bikes and riders to fly after completing Repack Ridge.
- Fixed an issue causing event-specific bike overrides to remain after the event is over.
- Fixed an issue causing segment leaderboards to exclude other riders in your meetup.
- Fixed an issue causing the Pace Partner proximity UI to remain once riders were within range of the Pace Partner.
- Fixed an issue causing cobblestone sounds to be a bit too loud.
Latest game version
The latest game version is 1.25 for iOS, Android, and Apple TV. For the very long game version on computers, head over to this link: https://forums.zwift.com/t/what-are-the-latest-zwift-game-and-zwift-companion-app-version-numbers/486839.
- Unable to switch bikes in drop shop, Windows 11. Zwift is looking into the issue: https://forums.zwift.com/t/cant-switch-bikes-in-the-garage-1-25-0-may-2022/584216.
Overall I think that this was a pretty good game release. Over the past few releases, Zwift has been getting better and better at making sure the game releases are bug free. They still contain some bugs, but most are not as major as some of the bugs that we used to see in game releases. There was some good content added in this update, and I can’t wait to see some new roads in the Makuri Islands soon!