This update mainly includes two new routes, Castle to Castle and Twighlight Harbor. Details for Twighlight harbor will be releasing soon. The update is currently out on all platforms, so update your games! The update included numerous bug fixes, the new workout of the week, and support for the upcoming Wahoo Climbing Mission. One note for windows 7 and 8 users, Zwift just dropped support for windows 7 and 8, so you will either have to upgrade to windows 10 or 11 to run Zwift. More details on the new routes and Wahoo Climbing Mission will be added soon. Here are the bug fixes and improvements from the forums.
Details on the new routes
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Made improvements to the automatic naming of activities.
- Fixed an issue causing some text not to update when a new language was selected in the home screen.
- Fixed an issue where the minimum year in the date of birth UI was not correct.
- Fixed an issue causing a line to appear on the post-activity map when a Zwifter transitioned from a workout to an event.
- Fixed an issue which would cause an unexpected solar eclipse, where the entire world was in a shadow of a much larger object.
- Fixed an issue where the crankset for the Pinarello Dogma F was invisible.(Zwift Insider has reported that the bike was faster without the crankset)
- Fixed an issue causing the Menu button to appear overtop of the Return to Me button when fanviewing another Zwifter.
- Apple TV: Fixed an issue causing improper UI layout on the edit profile screen while the game was paused.
- Fixed an issue causing all deer in the game to appear white.
- Devices running Windows versions prior to Windows 10 are no longer supported.
Not much to take images of, but here is what I have.
Here is a list of the bugs in the Zwift January 2022 Game Release.
- Zwift forgetting the second users log in info. Link to the forums post: https://forums.zwift.com/t/zwift-launcher-for-pc-v1-1-1-not-remembering-password-for-second-account-january-2022/571882/6
- Blurry Settings screen on windows 10. Here is a link to the forums post: https://forums.zwift.com/t/blurry-settings-screen-win10-january-2022/572581/5.
Overall I think that this was a pretty good update. It is a bit dissapointing that we will have to wait a few more months for the new home screen to be fully released, but at least things are happening. The fact that missions are back is great, as I always love trying to complete the missions and unlocking the in game gear. Full details for the wahoo climbing mission will be releasing in the coming days!
Video of new route
Full ride through of the twilight harbor route.